Health and Safety News
2012 HEALTHY YOUTH SURVEY
The Port Angeles School District is participating in the Washington State 2012
Healthy Youth Survey during the week of October 15 through the 19, 2012. The Healthy Youth survey includes questions related to physical activity and
diet, unintentional and intentional injury, substance use, risk and protective
factors, and access to school-based services. Survey results are used by
schools, communities and state agencies to plan programs to support our youth
and reduce their risks.
Flyer for Parents of 6th Graders
Flyer for Parents of Middle and High School Students
“Cover Your Cough. Clean Your Hands!” These reminders may seem like simple steps to avoid getting the flu or infecting others, but they are important measures for students in Port Angeles schools and reminders to parents and families to prepare for the upcoming flu season.
Parents can prepare their children for the upcoming flu season by reminding them to:
- Wash hands often with soap and water. Always wash after coughing or sneezing. If soap and water are not nearby, use an alcohol-based hand cleaner.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with their elbow or a tissue. Throw dirty tissues away and have children wash their hands.
- Not touch eyes, nose, or mouth. Germs can spread this way.
- Stay away from people who are sick.
Children who are sick should stay home from school and daycare until they are better.
Remind students about not talking to strangers, not accepting candy, rides, and gifts from strangers, and to always ask a trusted adult for help when you feel scared or uncomfortable.
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT WHOOPING COUGH
Visit www.doh.wa.gov for more information on the booster shot called Tdap for whooping cough. Here’s a link to the Washington Department of Health YouTube video: www.youtube.com/user/WADepartmentofHealth.
Immunization Froms for School Entry
Certificate of Immunization - Parent, guardian, please sign & fill in student information.
Certificate of Exemption - Must be filled in, signed by parent/guardian and health care provider.
Washington State Department of Health Immunization & Child Profile Office
PASD Staff Immunization Form
PARENT RESOURCES: KEEPING YOUR STUDENT SAFE!
- Letter to Parents 12-17-2012
- Letter to Parents 12-14-2012
- Helping Children Cope with Trauma-Disaster SAMHSA
- Resources for Schools to Prepare for and Recover from Crisis, U.S. Dept of Education
- Disaster Distress Helpline Offers Immediate Crisis Counseling Call 1.800.985.5990 or text "TalkWithUs" to 66746
- Letter to Parents 2-7-2011
- ACE Post-Concussion Home/School Instructions Children's National Medical Center
- Caring for Someone With Flu
- The Flu, A Guide For Parents
- Novel Influenza A H1N1 Infection, Information for Concerned Parents and Caregivers
- Novel H1N1 Flu Contamination & Cleaning
- Guidance for School (K-12) Responses to Influenza
- H1N1 Flu: Preparation and Prevention, Health Services, OSPI
- For Parents, OSPI School Safety Center
- Child Safety Brochure, Prepared by Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction
- Annual Notifications for 2011-12
H1N1 VIRUS (SWINE FLU) AND HEALTH INFORMATION