PAHS Roof Fire Safely Contained

PAHS Roof Fire Safely Contained
Posted on 11/03/2020
PAHS Roof Fire Safely Contained

Port Angeles, WA – This morning at approximately 3 a.m. Port Angeles School District was notified of a roof fire on Port Angeles High School’s 800 building. The Port Angeles Fire Department contained the fire and resulting damage to directly over the machine shop in the 800 building.

Firefighters cut some of the roofing material off and minimal fire damage was done to the roof. Officials state that the rest of the 800 building is safe to be occupied. Officials further report that the fire may have been started by a mortar firework. District personnel are searching other buildings for any other firework mortars.

If you have any information regarding this incident, then please contact the Port Angeles Police Department.

For more information:
Jennifer Sperline, Communications Coordinator
Port Angeles School District