The Port Angeles School District is currently running multiple pilot projects in order to gather information to help plan future technology use within the district.
Current Pilot Programs
- 30 Nexus 7 tablets at Port Angeles High School for use in an advanced calculus math class.
- Nearly 700 Chromebooks district wide.
- Initially 30 placed at Stevens Middle School for use in science classes
- Chromebooks were put into use 11/03/2015
- Now being used in conjunction with Google classroom in many instances.
- 12/12/2015 - Some kids prefer using Windows based systems. They are struggling with cutting and pasting. Printing and Classroom tools are working well and the machines are fast and capable of doing what is needed. Batteries are lasting all day without needing to be plugged into power.
Unofficial Pilot Programs
These programs are unofficial because they were funded by the building or program for specific needs within the classroom. We are monitoring the programs to gather information regarding success and struggles.
- 20 iPad Mini's at Roosevelt Elementary. Used building wide for different projects.
- 10 – 7” Insignia Windows 8 tablets with a shared OneNote class notebook in Office 365.